As a Delivery Manager, and member of the Empyrean team you will:
- Be accountable for team performance and the effective delivery of a number of complex, high-risk products and services for us and our clients. (Primary)
- Be an evangelist for agile delivery management and foster operational best practice (Primary)
Tasks have been identified for each Objective.
- Be accountable for team performance and the effective delivery of a number of concurrent complex, high-risk products and services for us and our clients.
- Agile and Lean practices. You know how to coach and lead teams in Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid and Lean practices. You are an expert that advocates these approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. You can create or tailor new ways of working; you are always innovating.
- Communication skills. You can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. You can manage stakeholder expectations and facilitate discussions about high risk and complexity even within constrained timescales. You can speak and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government.
- Maintaining delivery momentum. You know how to optimise the delivery flow of teams. You actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. You can identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Making a process work. You can identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. You can add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. You know how to guide teams through the implementation of a new process.
- Planning. You know how to lead a continual planning process in a very complex environment. You can plan beyond product delivery. You can identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery. You know how to coach other teams as the central point of expertise.
- Team dynamics and collaboration. You can identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team and provoke the right responses. You can engage in varying types of feedback, choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring the discussion and decision sticks. You can accelerate the team development cycle.
- Financial management. You know how to negotiate, influence or set budgets in complex environments. You can write or input into business cases and can communicate business-value propositions.
- Life-cycle perspective. You can apply experience of multiple parts of the product life cycle. You can recognise when it is right to move forward and when it is right to stop. You can recognise the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these. You are able to work with other agile delivery operations throughout the product life cycle. You can plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project.
- Be an evangelist for agile delivery management and foster operational best practice
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement to drive collaboration, increase velocity and improve quality of our delivery management practice
- Share knowledge through coaching and mentoring
- Receive regular, glowing feedback from clients and team
- Become a trusted and indispensable asset for clients