Empyrean Digital are a fast-growing digital consultancy based in South Wales. We design and build web applications and mobile applications for a wide range of clients from the largest UK government departments to the world’s most exciting start-ups. Our team has real world experience of designing, developing, and supporting cutting edge digital solutions.
As our Support and Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our clients' digital services while developing your skills in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Customer support
- Software testing
- Technical expertise
- Start Up Mentality
- Customer Support:
- Provide excellent customer support through various channels, including email, phone, and chat.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Communicate technical information clearly to non-technical users.
- Escalate issues through to the development team, monitor and report back to customers progress of issues.
- Software Testing:
- Create and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to identify software defects and ensure product quality.
- Perform regression testing, functional testing, and usability testing.
- Document and report software issues, defects, and improvements to the development team.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure timely issue resolution and product improvement.
- Technical Expertise
- Develop a deep understanding of our software products and their technical underpinnings.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to software testing and support.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date support and testing documentation, including monthly reporting for clients.
- Create user guides, FAQs, and knowledge base articles.
- Provide training and guidance to customers or internal teams on using software and best practices.
- Help in onboarding new support team members.
- Start Up Mentality
- Adopt a start-up mentality and work collaboratively to drive growth
- Track our internal objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Build strong networks within ED to identify and collaborate on work others are leading
- The key to successful delivery of this role will be the ability to be flexible and constantly look for opportunities to improve everything we do.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in software support and software testing.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with issue tracking and project management software (e.g., GitLab, Jira, Trello).
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Responsible for staff/equipment
Empyrean laptop and any other equipment provided by Empyrean
- Package // £30-45k depending on experience.
- Location // our team and clients are based in the Swansea to Bristol region and require monthly onsite meetings, and daily remote working from home or your local collaboration hub.
- Hours // full time role for 40 hours per week.
- Culture // see here.
How to Apply
If you are a proactive and results-driven professional with a passion for delivering excellent customer service, please send your updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for the Support and Testing Engineer role at Empyrean Digital.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website using the 'Apply' button on this page.
Deadline: 5.30pm Thursday 30th November.