As a member of the Empyrean team you will:
- Implement development solutions for internal and external clients (Essential)
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for our clients (Essential)
- Work with the team to ensure the best outcomes for users and the client (Essential)
- Adopt a start-up mentality, work collaboratively, and help drive growth (Desirable)
- Implement development solutions for internal and external clients
- Review agreed specifications and use them to design, code, test and document programmes or scripts of varying complexity, using the right standards and tools.
- Assist with scoping and preparing estimates for completion of development work.
- Contribute to technical architectural decisions where required
- Write clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, that is open by default and easy for others to reuse
- Review code written by other team members and provide constructive feedback where necessary
- Keep monitoring and reporting software, such as Jira, up to date so that progress can be followed and the team can work collaboratively.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for our clients
- Provide a quality support service to clients, fixing faults following agreed procedures, in a timely manner.
- Carry out agreed infrastructure maintenance tasks in the required timescale.
- Carry out security reviews and agreed remedial work.
- Communicate with the team and clients, and keep service desk software up to date with progress.
- Work with the team to ensure the best outcome for the client
- Highlight areas for improvement in legacy code and provide solutions
- Share knowledge with the team to ensure others are able to pick up tasks
- Provide mentorship to others in the team
- Be flexible and assist the team as needed.
- Adopt a start-up mentality, work collaboratively, and help drive growth
- Be flexible and constantly look for opportunities to improve everything we do
- Help to define and track our objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Build strong networks within the ED to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading